Zero Charisma Zero Charisma
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 26, 2022 12:28 pm

Valquin 

Post Valquin
In-Game Name:

Valquin

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... uin/simple

Intended Raid Spec: Balance (rdps)

Previous Guilds and Reason for leaving (be honest):

Current guild I've been with since the beginning of BC and they're dead, most players have quit the game or transfered servers.

WOTLK End-game experience: full naxx, full but Algolon in Uld, 5/5 ToC, and 12/12 ICC (10 man, 8/12 in 25 man)

BC End-game experience: Full karazhan, full Gruuls, Full SSC, Full eye, I started pvping when BT came out and quit shortly after until wotlk

Pre-BC (Vanilla) End-game experience: MC full (way to many times), BWL Full, AQ 20 Full, AQ40 up to C'thun, Naxx40 plague, spider and abom up to gluth cleared before I quit until BC launched.

Vent, do you have it? Will you talk? Are you at least able to respond?:

Yes.

Do you react well under pressure?: I don't get pressured easily, and when I do I don't react to the pressure.

Do you know your class well enough to be confident in the decisions
you make while raiding and do you have the patience required to learn
new encounters? Basically, why should you get a raid spot over
others?:

I make it a point to know everything about any class I'm playing. I'm always gemed, enchanted and reforged correctly, that's correctly according to intelegence not EJ.com

When it comes time to do so are you willing to take the gear that best
suits your raid-role (whether it's healing/dps/tanking/etc) and spend
the points?:

I buy gear according to what is the biggest upgrade compaired to drops for that slot and my likelyhood of seeing them and getting them. It ensures that my character as a whole is as geared stat wise as it can be.

Do you "lag" in raid environments (Again, be honest. This applies to
both FPS and latency)?:

I don't have continuous problems with lag, I do have the occasional lag issue (I.E DC or lat spike) but it doesn't happen often and when it does it doesn't last long.

Are you going to be in this guild for the long-term (Long term being
more than a month)?:

Yes. I have only been in 3 guilds total since starting wow at launch. The only reason I am looking to leave is that the
guild is pretty much done. We went from getting two regular 10 mans
to struggling to find 10 players.

Are you willing to post on the forums or deny the calendar invite for
days that you will be absent? Are you going to make at least 2 raids
per week?

I can keep my calander ahead by about 2 weeks, my life is not predictable enough to accept or decline a raid over 2 weeks in advance.

Why do you want to join Zero Charisma? Who referred you?:

Mookheals and Ginspally refered me to the server first, then to this guild. I was told that you guys know your crap and aren't too "hardcore" about it either. Basically I want a guild that can down content on a regular basis and yet treat the game like it's a game.

The screenshot is my normal UI, I don't use a lot of addons, I use a few macros but most of my gameplay is based around the usage of a 18 button mouse. the damage meter is ussualy hidden, I turned it on and enlarged for this shot, my dumby dps average is about 15.8 k but I got a few lucky spellsurge procs and some unusual crits for this shot. this is only with paws up, no buffs and 1 full cycle of cd's.

The screenshot isn't loading for some reason, even with firewall permissions turned on for it. The website link says it's DL'd the file but then it's just not there when I submit. anyway, sry

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:02 pm

Post Re: Valquin
I fixed it for you.

Your screenshot didn't work :)

Someone will be here to talk about your app soon I'm sure!

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:10 pm

yea, it's saying the file is too big. Apparently it needs to be Below 256 KiB

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:22 pm

We definitely have a need for a ranged dps spot. I'm a little unsure of how consistent it will be at the moment though. Gotta talk to some people.

Can you make Weds and Thurs nights at 6:30 (pst/server time)

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:11 am

With me soon to be MIA due to job there is a need for boomkin dps for group 2. Also looking at your gear why are you reforging spirit to crit or anything to crit. If you are hit capped you should reforge hit/spirit to haste to hit a breakpoint then mastery. If the gear has mastery/haste and crit on it reforge out of the crit. Crit is a lower stat for boomkin

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:07 am

yea I can make those raid nights, and thanks for pointing that out, I had completely forgot that I did that. I was bored a couple weeks ago and I was screwing around with stuff.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:34 am

Also, I obviously won't have problems sitting out when it's needed, but, if I'm sat out for the week are there problems with me finding another raid to go with for that week? I know I've seen guilds on Alleria kick people for stuff like that, so I thought I'd ask.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:37 am

As long as you're not pugging something before the actual raid night then everything is fine. Too many times I've seen people get anxious or bored and then screw over their group by popping into a pug and getting saved. Then raid time starts and they need you...

We're not insane/retarded about things hahah We're laid back, we get shit done.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:07 am

nah I'm talking about pugging something after the final raid night for the guild, I just don't wanna miss however many weeks of getting locked to something cuz the group MIGHT need me for progression only to find out that everyone that was already locked showed up. that's all. being that raid nights are in the middle of the week and not like sun and mon it won't be an issue waiting till the guilds raids are completed for the week.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:55 am

There won't be any "mights" here. It's either we're doing it or we're not. No one will get upset. It's perfectly reasonable to want to get the most out of your game time.

The example I used was just a scenario that's happened a few times haha.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:22 pm

cool, that's good to see:), well let me know whenever a decision is made on my app.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:00 pm

Thought we had! hahah the ball was in your court! Send me or one of your friends a whisper in game.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:07 pm