Zero Charisma Zero Charisma
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 26, 2022 12:07 pm

Soonsoo - Restoration/Enhancement Shaman 

Post Soonsoo - Restoration/Enhancement Shaman
I am currently 18.

Armory Link (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com):

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ner%27zhul&cn=Soonsoo

Current Spec and Intended Raid Spec:

I am a die hard healer fan, and my current spec is 0/16/55. And any intended spec will be what you and I determine more beneficial than my current spec.

Previous Guilds and Reason for leaving (be honest):

To be honest, my current guild was made with some friends of mine, we thought we were going to get it up and running. But they are moving to slow for me, and I wish to progress as much as i can before the next expansion.

WOTLK End-game experience:

As of today, I am 11/12 in 10 man (hopefully downing Lich King tonight), with about 8 down on hardmodes. As for 25, I just cannot find a good pug group for this and have only downed 7/12 bosses with 2 on hardmode. In my defense though, I feel my shortcoming is not my fault as in gear, skill or knowledge. But just my guild lacking in raiding, and unfortunately joining not up to par pug runs.

BC End-game experience/Pre-BC End-game experience:

I started playing WoW late BC and my characters did not hit 80 till WoTLK, so I have not done much of Pre BC or BC except for the occasional ToC or random Ulduar runs. But I have not downed buy maybe 6 bosses in Ulduar.

Vent, do you have it? Will you talk?:

I most diffidently do have vent, and I like to pipe some funnies in to keep the vent upbeat. Or do some coordination with group on a boss and what not.

Do you react well under pressure?:

I feel under pressure, I get the job done pretty well. Personally, I think I act best with my mind racing, to keep my healing flowing and flowing smoothly.

Do you know your class well enough to be confident in the decisions you make while raiding and do you have the patience required to learn new encounters?:

I have a uncontrolled, and probably unhealthy relationship with my shaman and I know him like the back of my hand. People do compliment me on my clutch heals and things like that since shamans mostly raid heal, but I know what to do when the tanks need some support. I am also, always willing to learn new methods and encounters to improve my playing and help the raid as much as I can.

When it comes time to do so are you willing to take the gear that best suits your raid-role (whether it's healing/dps/tanking/etc.)?:

I'm not a big fan of DPS, so really the only things I will be taking are healing pieces, unless someone does not need a DPS piece, ill take it for my Enhance set. But if a healing piece does drop, I always like to ask the other healers how much they need the item compared too me. Because if its a huge boost for someone else, ill most likely give it to them if its not that big of a benefit to me.

Do you "lag" in Raid Environments (again, be honest)?:

I am a big time Diablo fan, and a Mac--aholic. So my currernt computer is a Macbook Pro specced out to beable to run Diablo III and Old Republic. On my wireless connection I usually run with no less than 25 fps in a raiding situation. Unless, you know its a pull of like 20 monsters and everyone is AoEing... but im pretty sure any computer would have a little bit of a problem then. So overall, i would say I do not lag much and when i do, its not game play hindering.

Do you want to be in this guild for the long-term?:

All my base are belongs to ... Zero Charisma. Of course, I will be a dedicated member for much time to come.

Why do you want to join Zero Charisma?:

For some time, I have been searching for a raiding group that promises progression, and you guys seem to do exactly that. Not only that, but I have ran across a few members of yours and they were kind people, and I much appreciate kindness.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:32 pm

Post Re: Soonsoo - Restoration/Enhancement Shaman
I love this app almost as much as I love my shaman.

Fist bumps for die hard shaman players. :D Did you like stalk me to app so well (D2/3, SWTOR)?

Now, critique:
Almost all your offset pieces are crit/sp/mp5 and that's really not doing you any good haste-wise.

If you're not running out of mana, you should be wearing less mp5 gear. And you shouldn't be running oom, except on hard modes - so get rid of that mp5 gem, start stealing the Elemental drops and put your mp5 pieces in your bags for hard modes (and LK attempts, of course!).

I don't really do direct recruiting anymore, so you'll have to wait until our recruiter of win, Buslink, contacts you.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:03 pm

Well of course, the powers of Google and what it can find you about people you have no idea about. :3 (respectable Googlism believer at that! Bahahah). To toss in a Starwars comment, I met Anthony Daniels, the man who plays C3P0 at Starwars: In Concert. <3

Anyways, for that Mp5 gem; I slotted that into there for my Meta Gem requirements, I was probably way to excited about getting my helm piece that I blew through all the blue gems other than the mp5 one. I hardly ever run out of mana it seems like, anyways. I'll replace it as soon as I can.

Stealing gear is like ( or should be ) one of the 7 deadly sins of World of Warcraft! I'll have to keep that in mind to snag some gear from Element shamans, the only problem about that though is since I am forced to pug all my raids. I cannot really be like "Well I need that more than you Mr. Element Shaman" or its like /wave Soonsoo then /kick.

Thanks for taking the time to glance over my application, and I'm thoroughly pleased you like it. Keep questions coming if you have any, I'd absolutely love to answer them for you.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:25 pm
Unclear why you are missing enchants on several pieces of gear but otherwise looks solid.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:23 pm

To be completely honest, I was just working on getting the mats for Superior Spellpower to bracers, Exceptional Spellpower for my gloves and Tuskar's Vitality for my boots.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:31 pm

I would like to mention that Bobily and I, last night, dedicated around 5 hours with our pug group to down Lich King. Although we only got him down to 36%, everytime we made progression in the fight and most of us felt we had the fight down, but the valkyries and defiles were just bad luck. I believe in one pull, our druid healer got defile 4 or 5 times and also was picked up about 2 times.

The mechanics were not with us that night, but I believe we are giving it a go again, tonight. So hopefully we will finally crush the Lich King.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:53 pm

Correction our best attempt was 29%

Soonsoo is a good player and will dedicate time no problem.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:37 pm

By golly, I forgot about that attempt. Probably because I got dropped off the ledge and could not see. =p

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:01 pm

If no ones already contacted you, hit up bertz/battletrout/buslink in game. Sorry for the late response, I haven't been on the forums for a few days

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:51 pm

No need to be sorry what so ever. I got a guild invite yesterday right before the ICC run :3
Thanks for taking time to look at my app and allow me into your guys' guild. <3

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:47 am