Zero Charisma Zero Charisma
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:59 pm

Tankbound - Protection Warrior 

Post Tankbound - Protection Warrior
In-Game Name:
Tankbound
Armory Link (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com):
Armory is currently down.
Current Spec and Intended Raid Spec:
Protection and Protection
Previous Guilds and Reason for leaving (be honest):
Sponsored by WOTLK, a majority of the players in there are assholes and they do not create a fun raiding environment.
WOTLK End-game experience:
Everything except Ulduar, I used to play a Warlock in Naxxramas, then began leveling a prot warrior through the bulk of Ulduar and stopped raiding, he hit 80 one week before ToC was released.
BC End-game experience/Pre-BC End-game experience:
Pre-BC, I did MC, BWL, Onyxia, ZG, AQ20, AQ40 (up to twins), Naxxramas (2 or 3 bosses). In BC I did not raid, I quit playing prior to it's release and picked it up a year and a half later, I joined a new server with friends and mostly PvP'd.
Vent, do you have it? Will you talk?:
Yes and Yes
Do you react well under pressure?:
I like to think so.
Do you know your class well enough to be confident in the decisions you make while raiding and do you have the patience required to learn new encounters?:
I know my class very well and will generally already know an encounter prior to ever even pulling it, if I'm asking any questions is more likely on what strategy we would be using to kill it.
When it comes time to do so are you willing to take the gear that best suits your raid-role (whether it's healing/dps/tanking/etc.)?:
Of course, I don't intend to roll on DBW over a DPS.
Do you "lag" in Raid Environments (again, be honest)?:
Not really, occasionally my computer will freeze up for ~4 seconds or I blue-screen (occasionally being once every 5-6hrs), but that's since I swapped motherboards and SLI'd my videocard, I'm working on a solution.
Do you want to be in this guild for the long-term?:
I don't like applying to guilds and moving around a lot, so if I'm in it's for the long haul.
Why do you want to join Zero Charisma?:
Your raid times fit perfect with what I was just discussing with my girlfriend, on top of that Zero Charisma transferred to Ner'zhul from Wildhammer, and during Vanilla I was in the rival guild Fist of Entropy. It would be exciting to play with others that were there when I first started the game.

Wed May 12, 2010 7:21 pm

Post Re: Tankbound - Protection Warrior
I don't know how good my opinion is with guild since it's been forever since I've actually raided with you guys, but Tankbound is a real life friend and one of the best players I've played with in WoW, whether its his tank, warlock or priest (and yes that includes players in Local Defense as well as Incarnate)

Wed May 12, 2010 7:30 pm

GTFO LEWWT

Wed May 12, 2010 8:20 pm

Hahahah FOE what the fuck! Regardless I've heard you're pretty good. So I'm definitely interested.

Lets throw some questions out here then to get a better idea of who the hell you are though for fun!

So you can make both Tues and Weds @ 6 server for raids?

Are you interested in 10 mans and hardmode versions of encounters?

How well do you handle sarcasm? Are you aware of how the internet works in this regard?

Can you elaborate on why you considered people to be assholes? I mean I know Vondill and Ceejaye are in that guild so I understand hahaha I'm just curious.

Are you a wizard?

Do you play games other than World of Warcraft?

If someone makes a comment or suggestion about gear/spec/decision during an encounter are you going to slit your wrists in a fit of emo rage?

annnnnd ummmm whats an awesome cartoon you watched/still watch? hahahah

Wed May 12, 2010 8:50 pm

What was your name on Wildhammer?

Wed May 12, 2010 9:14 pm

Miora wrote:
Hahahah FOE what the fuck! Regardless I've heard you're pretty good. So I'm definitely interested.

Lets throw some questions out here then to get a better idea of who the hell you are though for fun!

So you can make both Tues and Weds @ 6 server for raids?
Yes

Are you interested in 10 mans and hardmode versions of encounters?
It's not really a priority for me, just something I do in off nights, I am willing to do hardmodes of 25m encounters on main raid days, of course.

How well do you handle sarcasm? Are you aware of how the internet works in this regard?
I can handle sarcasm really well, it doesn't bother me most of the time, it does have it's limits though (see below)

Can you elaborate on why you considered people to be assholes? I mean I know Vondill and Ceejaye are in that guild so I understand hahaha I'm just curious.
Vondill was always one of the nicer ones, if that says anything. A majority of their players come from top 10 US guilds, so they're very serious and tend to expect their raiders to play nearly as well as their main guilds, this is just a little much to ask from people who play the game casually and you would be constantly berated (not sarcasm, streams of insults) if you didn't live up to their standards. There were DKP loss's for some mistakes, like getting hit by malleable goo. All primordial saronites went straight to the guild bank (which was fine) but then the GM would hand them out to him and his friends to get them shadow's edge/crafted BoE gear without any discussion with the guild as a whole. There's more, but to sum up, they made the game too intense and not fun.

Are you a wizard?
I wish

Do you play games other than World of Warcraft?
Not anymore really

If someone makes a comment or suggestion about gear/spec/decision during an encounter are you going to slit your wrists in a fit of emo rage?
If they come from someone like Shinrye who's using Glyph of Vigilance, yeah, probably. Other than that, I'm fine with people making suggestions.

annnnnd ummmm whats an awesome cartoon you watched/still watch? hahahah
Watched = Courage the Cowardly Dog. Still Watch = Phineas and Ferb.

Other things:
My girlfriend is applying as well, she plays a mage named Lavarynn, my brother might want to, he's out of town with his girlfriend at the moment and wont be back until tomorrow or Saturday and he plays a Resto Druid named Shereen and a rogue named Maier and finally I have one other friend that MIGHT apply, I have to talk to him, I know he doesn't like his current guild situation.

Microninja wrote:
What was your name on Wildhammer?
Konoichi

Thu May 13, 2010 3:58 am

This guy actually uses punctuation. That's a plus for me.

He seems to know enough to get by, to say the least.

My only concern is that he has a rogue friend. I mean... wtf?! ROGUE?! Do you know who I am? I kid. But having a few more on the roster definitely wouldn't hurt. Good players are becoming more scarce these days. More people... HOOOOO!!!

Thu May 13, 2010 8:24 am

that's because this game is 6 years old, its turning into everquest (pun intended)

Thu May 13, 2010 10:32 am

Looks good to me imo. We are always looking for solid players that want to play the game and the fact that you are vanilla players is a huge plus. Wow isnt hard, just takes ppl with hands. You have my vote indeed.

Thu May 13, 2010 10:52 am

Tankbound was always a good tank in our guild and I was sad to see him go, but i wasn't really suprised. There are a lot of assholes in my guild and you need an extra thick skin for it (think of a guild full of harblz and worse). But Tankbound was definately one of my favorite people there. Really good tank. Treat him well!

Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:40 pm

He sunders pretty well

Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:10 pm