Zero Charisma Zero Charisma
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 26, 2022 12:45 pm

Macbeth - Destro Lock Application 

Post Macbeth - Destro Lock Application
In-Game Name: Macbeth

Armory Link ( http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ore+Pwnogräphy )

I just returned to the game after over a year of not playing. When I returned to WoW two weeks ago, my gear score was only a little above 4k. In the past week I’ve gotten it up to 5k and I plan get it higher quickly. My gear isn’t the best, and I’ve just been trying to get my gs up so people will allow me to raid. The guild I'm in is kind of lame, I just kind of wound up here, they aren't very serious at all, hence the name. I understand I have work to do still and there may be some pieces of gear that don’t look right, like my main hand, which has mp5 on it. The only reason I have gear like this is to get my gs up and because this gear actually was better than what I had. I may not have all of the best enchants yet either, but that’s because I haven’t gotten up to par on all of the enchants since I’ve returned to the game. I have knowledge of my class and even with the gear I’m in, I can do decent dps.

Current Spec and Intended Raid Spec:

My current spec is 0/18/53. I intend to raid with this spec unless told otherwise.

Previous Guilds and Reason for leaving (be honest):

I played for a span of two months the last time I played. During this time I joined a decent raiding guild and raided Naxx, EoE, VOA and a little bit of 10 man Ulduar. I don’t remember the guilds name, not to mention I was on a different server and alliance at the time. The last time I seriously raided for a good amount of time and took part in progression was back in BC.

WOTLK End-game experience:

10 ToC, 10/25 VOA, EoE, 10/25 Naxx.

I wasn’t around for long when Ulduar was being run.

Note: Like I said above, I’ve only been back now for two weeks. So I don’t have that much experience in WOTLK End-game content yet, but I’m a quick learner and will study the boss fights I don’t know before I raid.

BC End-game experience/Pre-BC End-game experience:

I did not raid much Pre-BC, back then I just leveled characters on occasion. When I frequently raided in BC, I completed Kara, ZA, Magtheridon’s Lair, Gruul’s Lair, SSC, The Eye and some Hyjal. I quit for a couple months, came back and did a fair amount of BT then quit again shortly after.

Note: When I came back to WoW two weeks ago, I changed factions, so it may have messed up a few of my achievements.

Vent, do you have it? Will you talk?:

Yes, I have vent and prefer to talk on vent rather than type in chat, especially after I get to know everyone.

Do you react well under pressure?:

Yes, I can keep calm and continue to do my job under pressure.

Do you know your class well enough to be confident in the decisions you make while raiding and do you have the patience required to learn new encounters?:

I know my class very well and I’m continually studying and figuring out new ways to get better dps. I may be a little rusty and I might still be learning all the new aspects of the game, but I know how to be a good raider. A lot has changed in the game since I’ve been gone, but I still know what it takes to learn new encounters and dps well in a raiding environment.

When it comes time to do so are you willing to take the gear that best suits your raid-role (whether it's healing/dps/tanking/etc.)?:

Yes.

Do you "lag" in Raid Environments (again, be honest)?:

I do not have a tendency to lag in raid environments. I can’t say I haven’t lagged in raids before, but it’s never been bad enough or frequent enough to cause any issues.

Do you want to be in this guild for the long-term?:

I am currently seeking a permanent guild, so yes. I do not enjoy hopping between guilds.

Why do you want to join Zero Charisma?:

Zero Charisma seems to be a guild with members that are knowledgeable about the game and their class. It also looks like a guild that can steadily progress. I would like to be in a guild that has these qualities. The raid times perfectly fit my schedule and the recruitment officers say you're looking for a lock.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Post Re: Macbeth - Destro Lock Application
I didn't read your application says but it's really really pretty

Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:50 am

Well lets look past your gear for a second and get some more info from you.

What would you say has been the hardest encounter you've had the chance to participate in? What was difficult about it? How did you handle yourself?

What is your current dps rotation? How does that change during an encounter with a lot of movement? What is your dps generally in raids?

You seem to have a history of quitting a lot. Is there a reason behind this? When we say we're looking for a lock we mean for a while. Not just a raid or two and then you never log in again.

Do you play videogames other than wow?

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:32 am

What would you say has been the hardest encounter you've had the chance to participate in? What was difficult about it? How did you handle yourself?

I haven’t found many boss fights in WOTLK to be extremely difficult. Ofcourse, I haven’t been around for much WOTLK and I also haven’t been into ICC yet. So out of all of the bosses I remember encountering in BC, excluding most of Hyjal, BT and all of Sunwell, because I wasn’t around for these raids, I would have to say Lady Vashj was one of the hardest encounters I’ve participated in.

The first phase wasn’t hard at all, as it was pretty much a tank and spank until the boss hit phase 2 at 70%. As long as the raid stayed spread out and alive in this phase, it was cake. Phase 2 is where things got difficult. The raid immediately had to split up and go to their assigned positions. In this phase just about everyone in the raid had an important roll and could cause a wipe. I was always either assigned to kite/burn the striders or to kill elementals on the stairs while keeping my DoTs up on the striders. When I was on the stairs and a tainted elemental popped, I burned it fast, got to the tainted core and passed it up the stairs as quickly as possible.

This phase was extremely difficult, not for me exactly, but for the raid as a whole. There was no room for mistakes. The striders had to be burned before the next spawned. The elementals had to be burned quickly as well or there would be too many and they would start getting to Vashj, increasing her damage for the rest of the fight. The tainted elementals had to be the main priority while on elemental duty or else they would despawn and prolong the fight. When the tainted elementals were killed, there had to be a strategy in place to get the tainted cores to the generators as quickly as possible, which could get tricky since you can’t move when you have a tainted core. All in all, this phase required coordinated teamwork and was just very difficult for its time.

Phase 3 wasn’t too difficult as long as enough people were still alive, since its pretty much phase 1 with spore bats. What made this fight difficult though was definitely phase 2. During this encounter I handled myself by keeping calm and doing my job, like I said, it wasn’t exactly difficult for me as an individual, I just did my part and tried not to get too angry at the people who didn’t. Kiting the striders was really the only thing that was kind of tricky for me, but as long as people around me were doing their jobs, it wasn’t a very difficult task either. Since I’m a lock, most encounters are fairly simple for me, I just do mad deeps and stay out of whatever weird looking shit is on the ground.

What is your current dps rotation? How does that change during an encounter with a lot of movement? What is your dps generally in raids?

My current rotation consists of first putting up a curse, depending on which curse is more viable for the situation. If I think the target is going to be alive for more than a minute, I put up CoD, if I think the target is going to die in less than a minute, I put up CoA. And ofcourse, if I’m on CoE duty, I just keep CoE up. After my curse is up, I cast Immolate, then Conflag, then Chaos Bolt, and then spam Incinerate until Conflag and/or Chaos Bolt is up. All while keeping my curse and Immolate up on the boss.

If the encounter involves a lot of movement I will throw up Corruption while repositioning and/or avoiding damage and then find a safe place to continue my normal rotation. The downfall of the destro spec is the fact that destro locks don’t have many dots to throw around like an affliction lock would in these situations. I just have to find a place where I can continue my rotation. My goal is to always make sure I’m casting something.

I honestly don’t know how well I would do in a 25 man that was properly set up because I haven’t been in one since I’ve returned. I’ve just been pugging everything. I seem to always beat people with higher gearscores than me, unless they actually know how to play their class. The last time I was in 25 man VOA, which is the only 25 man I’ve done since I’ve been back, I did around 6 or 7k. Keep in mind I only had about a 4.9 gs at the time. Since this raid is so easy now, groups don’t have to be arranged in any certain way either and I can’t say I was properly buffed.

You should trust me on this though, I can play my class, and if there is something I’m doing wrong or if I’m not doing enough dps, I will fix it. I was always top dps when I raided on a frequent basis before. I can’t stand it when I’m not! =P

You seem to have a history of quitting a lot. Is there a reason behind this? When we say we're looking for a lock we mean for a while. Not just a raid or two and then you never log in again.

I completely understand your concern here, considering the last two times I came back to the game it was only for a month or two. I never really got into raiding until BC, but when I did, I loved it. When I began frequently raiding I played for a year straight. The only reason I quit was because I began full-time college classes, which made raiding nearly impossible. I tried coming back to the game twice while in school and it just didn’t work out like I hoped it would. Now that I have my degree, I’m ready to get serious about raiding again.

Honestly, if I didn’t intend to stay with your guild for a long period of time, I wouldn’t waste my time on filling out an app. I really want to get back into a raiding routine and I have absolutely no intention of raiding just once or twice and then logging off forever. I have nothing in the way anymore and I’m ready to play some WoW again for a long while.

Do you play videogames other than wow?

Not anymore! =D When I’m in my WoW routine, there’s no time for other games.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:52 pm

You sound like a nice guy. Thanks for the intelligent app :)

Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:34 pm

Did you read that? Recruitment OFFICER. I want my full gbank perks!

Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:31 pm

I like what I'm reading. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Are you available tuesday for a bit of raiding?

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:05 pm

Hellz ya! = )

Sat May 01, 2010 9:34 am