Zero Charisma Zero Charisma
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:34 pm

Loveshackles - Tank/DPS DK 

Post Loveshackles - Tank/DPS DK
In-Game Name: Loveshackles

Armory Link (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com): http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ner%27zhul&n=loveshackles

Current Spec and Intended Raid Spec: 15/51/5 (Tank Frost), or a DPS spec. Dual spec is currently set for PvP

Previous Guilds and Reason for leaving (be honest): Haven't been in a serious guild since Teleios back in December. Guild broke up due to Arena season starting.

WOTLK End-game experience: Cleared everything up until Ulduar, besides Maly. Maly pugs are fail on NZ =/

BC End-game experience/Vanilla End-game experience: Vanilla: Cleared Naxx40, and AQ40 on a mage.
BC: Farmed up through BT ~9 months before Sunwell hitting PTR. Raided through Felmyst before going casual.

Vent, Do you have? Will you talk?: Yes, I have vent. I will talk when necessary, no random chatter.

Do you react well under pressure?: Very well. My roots are in Arena, so acting under pressure is almost a required skill.

Do you know your class well enough to be confident in the decisions you make while raiding and do you have the patience required to learn new encounters?: Yes, I am an avid reader of EJ on both DPS and Tanking. I'm constantly figuring ways to min/max my rotations, and specs. Like I stated above, I farmed BT for ~9 months before Sunwell even hit PTR. I was there for all the learning encounters, and sat there smashing my head into a wall until the boss was killed through every instance. So basically, yes I have the patience.

When it comes time to do so are you willing to take the gear that best suits your raid-role (whether it's healing/dps/tanking/etc.)?: Yes, I am. Upgrades are upgrades. Every upgrade betters the raid as a whole.

Do you "lag" in Raid Environments (again, be honest)?: 60 FPS constant in Dalaran. Never dip below 30, even with heavy AOE.

Do you want to be in this guild for the long-term?: Yes, I'd love to find a guild I can see the new content with, and eventually farm until the next big content patch.

Why do you want to join Zero Charisma?: You guys are looking for skilled tanks, and DK's are a dime a dozen. Hard to find a decent guild willing to give a DK a chance due to the number of them on Ner'zhul. You all seem like a group of good players that have the same goal, clear content in a timely matter.

Extra info: Due to lack of a few upgrades, I'm still rocking some sub-par pieces in my tank set. Trinkets, belt, and one ring are pretty lacking.
Bracer Enchant: 40 Stam will be added in the morning.
Chest Enchant: 22 Defense will be added in the morning.
Cloak Enchant: 16 Defense will be added in the morning.

Thanks for taking time to read my app.
Hope to hear from you guys soon.
If you have any questions, contact me here or in game.
Whichever is easier.

Last edited by Loveshackles on Thu May 21, 2009 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 21, 2009 12:17 am

Post Re: Loveshackles - Tank/DPS DK
Good gear
Great spec
Great PC/Connection
Great attitude
As obsessed with theorycrafting as I am

Hit me up in game (Harblz)

fuck you and your betrayer though!

Thu May 21, 2009 8:44 am

Definitely like what I'm seeing. I don't think it would take us long to beef up your tanking set at all.

Thu May 21, 2009 8:44 am

Microninja wrote:
Good gear
Great spec
Great PC/Connection
Great attitude
As obsessed with theorycrafting as I am

Hit me up in game (Harblz)

fuck you and your betrayer though!

Well, as I'd always say in my Alliance guild while we were clearing BT, gear can be fixed, a case of the downs cant. I take critcism well, and try to apply that almost instantly to better myself as a player.
I also have a PvP set for my DK, running about 400 resil with 2 piece Val. I've played at gladiator range in Seasons 2 and 3, but haven't found dedicated partners in 4 or 5.
Tanking spec is basically cookie cutter frost, but theres so many talents across all three trees for tanking, its hard to go wrong besides changing a few frost talents around.
I'm running a Geforce 8600, 4 gigs of corsair ram, ASUS commando mobo, and a dual core 3.2ghz proc. I might be upgrading it soon to two 9800's that my brother is selling. He "upgraded" to a Mac, so I'm going to take advantage of the cheap cards. Not going to have much of an issue with anything blizzard throws at me. If I ever do, settings dont HAVE to be maxed, it just looks legit.
As for attitude, I'm pretty laid back. Willing to help out with whatever, and never really have issues with anyone. As for real life, just a normal guy. Have a girlfriend, and going to college next year. Perfect amount of time for gaming. You'll find I play way too late for my own good most nights, and am an avid pvper when schedule allows.

I'll talk to you guys after I get home from school. Senior year, 8 more days. Sucks, but almost done.
Let me know if you'd like me to get on vent or anything. Willing to do a more extensive interview there.

Well, I upgraded from Titansteel to BoH after like 4 months at 80. So I felt the pain of having a garbage weapon, but betrayer makes me laugh. Hard crits, yo.

Miora wrote:
Definitely like what I'm seeing. I don't think it would take us long to beef up your tanking set at all.

Not at all. I also have a dps set (4 piece val), and will have furious tier 1 weapon next week. But obviously its lacking a little. Need new neck, helm, and belt. Currently using Hateful helm, furious neck, and an alright belt. Have the 10 man malygos neck quest (Maly pugs fail so hard), and hopefully will get a helm out of something. Not sure which instances fall under dkp for you guys, if naxx 25 still does or not.

Helm: Hateful Helm
Neck: Furious Crit Neck
Shoulders: Val 7.5
Cape: Aged Winter Cloak
Chest: Val 7.5
Bracers: Forget the name, the ones of 25man Gothik.
Gloves: Val 7.5
Belt: Forget the name of this one, will have to check when I get home. Doing this off memory in my computer class.
Legs: Val 7.5
Boots: 25 Man Emblem Boots.
Ring: Ruthlessness
Ring: Circle of Death
Trinket: Mirror of Truth
Trinket: Bandit's Insignia
Weapon: Betrayer
Sigil: Oblit, SS, HS increase sigil from Emblems/Naxx 25 Heigan.

But obviously I'm apping for tanking, but I can swap to DPS when needed.

Edit: When I logged on this morning, WoW was running really slow, as well as the WoW forums. Couldn't get the enchants, but it will be the first thing I do when I get home today. 3PM PST

Thu May 21, 2009 10:22 am